Posted by: Megan, Marketing Manager
You don’t have to be Ukrainian to love this Lasanga recipe from our friends at Perfect Pierogies. This delicious take on an Italian favourite will certainly have your family and friends begging for more! A perfect recipe, crafted with Perfect Pierogies – perfect for potluck season!
- 2 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 cup Onion, minced
- 2-3 Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Salad oil
- 2 x 284 ml. Cans of tomato soup
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 500g Dry cottage cheese
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 kg. Package Potato & Cheddar Perfect Pierogies
- 500g Bothwell Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup Bothwell Parmesan, grated
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Over medium heat, brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain off oils. Set ground beef aside in a bowl.
- Sautée onion & garlic in oil in the skillet, add cooked ground beef, tomato soup, ketchup, water and seasonings. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix dry cottage cheese with beaten egg and sour cream.
- Cut each pierogy into 4 pieces.
- Spoon half the meat sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan (preferably glass). Layer with half the chopped pierogies. Layer with half the cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half the Mozzarella and half the Parmesan.
- Repeat layers. Top with fresh dill.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 F. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.