We are the Champions
Bothwell Cheese Non-GMO Project Verified White Cheddar cheeses continue to impress competition judges, earning first place spots in their respective Cheddar categories at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair and the British Empire Cheese Show, both in Toronto, ON.
2019 British Empire Cheese Show
- First place Non-GMO Project Verified Medium White Cheddar
- Second place Non-GMO Project Verified Old White Cheddar
- Grand Champion Cheddar Non-GMO Project Verified Medium White Cheddar
2019 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
- First Place Medium Cheddar (aged 4-9 months) – Non-GMO Project Verified Medium White Cheddar
- First Place Extra Old Cheddar (aged 12-24 months) – Non-GMO Project Verified 548 White Cheddar
- Second Place Extra Old Cheddar (aged 12-24 months) – Non-GMO Project Verified 2-Year-Old Cheddar
Bothwell Cheese also took top spots for Mild Cheddar (2nd place), Medium Cheddar (1st place), Marble Cheddar (2nd place) at the British Empire Cheese Show.
“This is a great accomplishment for Bothwell,” says Nathan Dueck, production manager at Bothwell Cheese. “I’m very proud of the team and the products we produce.”
Bothwell Cheese introduced their line of Non-GMO Project Verified Medium White Cheddar cheese in 2017. Since then, the product line has expanded to having four available cheeses on the market: Medium White, Old White, 548 White Cheddar plus their newest convenience product, Sharp Cheddar SNACK’RS.
ABOUT BRITISH EMPIRE CHEESE SHOW
The Central Ontario Cheesemaker Association was incorporated as a non-profit organization on August 29, 1928. The Association was founded to provide an opportunity for Cheese makers to share knowledge and techniques, in a foundling Canadian industry. The Association established the British Empire Cheese Show, which gave Cheese makers the opportunity to compete with others around the British Empire. For more information visit www.cocma.ca.
ABOUT THE ROYAL AGRICULTURAL WINTER FAIR
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair takes place every November in the City of Toronto. Come celebrate the best in agriculture, local food, and equestrian competitions from across the country.