Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This light and creamy asparagus and prosciutto pasta tossed in a lemon cheddar sauce is the perfect quick and easy dinner for summer nights.
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pieces of prosciutto
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Bothwell Lactose-Free 18-Month-Old Cheddar, shredded and divided
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-large frying pan on medium-high heat, add oil and prosciutto and crisp (about 2 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter and flour to the heated pan and cook roux for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add wine, lemon zest and lemon juice, and cook for another minute.
- Stir in cream and ½ the cheese. Add Asparagus and cook until asparagus is softened.
- Toss cooked pasta in with the sauce and coat evenly. Add half the prosciutto by crumbling it into the sauce.
- Divide pasta evenly on plates, finish with remaining cheese and prosciutto, and season to taste. Enjoy!