Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup amber ale
- 6 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 6 slices Bothwell Old Cheddar from our Cheddar Variety Slice Pack, cut in half
- 12 slider buns of choice
- Toppings of choice: Red onion, tomato, arugula, avocado, pickles
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chuck with the beaten eggs, rolled oats, followed by the amber ale (pour slowly). Mix thoroughly.
- Add the crumbled bacon, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, onion and mustard. Mix until combined.
- Shape mixture into 12 slider patties of equal size and thickness.
- Lightly oil your cooking surface. BBQ or pan-grill patties over medium heat. Cook thoroughly, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add 1/2 slice Extra Old Cheddar on top of each slider and cook until just melted.
- Serve patties on slider buns and garnish as desired.
Recipe tip: Instead of bacon strips use 1/3 cup real bacon bits.