Black Truffle Omelette with Carrots, Celery and Leeks
The presence of Black Truffle Cheese gives this omelette an earthy nuance. Serve these up on a weekend morning, followed by a nature walk!
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 baby carrots, julienned
- ½ celery stalk, peeled, cut into quarters and julienned
- ½ leek, white part only, halved and julienned
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup 35% cream
- 1/3 cup Bothwell Black Truffle, shredded
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, celery and leeks and cook until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the cream.
- Pour 1 Tbsp of oil into the same pan, on medium heat.
- Pour ½ of the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook until the top is nearly set, about 7 minutes.
- Place ½ of the vegetables and cheese on half of the omelette.
- Fold in half and serve.