We've put a Bothwell Cheese twist on a classic recipe. With an earthy and sharp profile, this macaroni & cheese is anything but traditional.
- 500g elbow pasta
- 1 tbsp Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 30g Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 300ml 3.25% Milk
- 1 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 50g Bothwell Mozzarella, shredded
- 100g Bothwell Extra Old White Cheddar, shredded
- 250g Bothwell Black Truffle, shredded
- 4 tbsp Bothwell Smoked Parmesan, grated
- Bring pasta water to a boil and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, toast the panko bread crumbs until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a medium sauce pan. Add garlic and sauté for two minutes. Add one heaping tbsp of flour, stir to make a roux. Once lightly browned add 300ml of milk and slowly bring to a boil, whisking regularly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp of Smoked Parmesan and 50g of Mozzarella, whisk until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Cook pasta following directions.
- Butter a large baking dish or individual baking containers.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and place in large mixing bowl.
- Mix pasta with:
12 oz of the white sauce
1 Tbsp Smoked Parmesan
100g Extra Old Cheddar
250g Black Truffle Cheese
10 cranks of fresh black pepper
Spoon pasta mixture into baking container(s).
Top with toasted panko bread crumbs and remaining Smoked Parmesan.
Bake large container for 30 minutes or individual containers for 20 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.