Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
We've put an upscale twist on a classic comfort recipe with our Black Truffle Monterey Jack. It's earthy, sharp, and delicious!
- Bring pasta water to a boil and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, toast the panko bread crumbs until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a medium sauce pan. Add garlic and sauté for two minutes. Add one heaping tbsp. of flour, stir to make a roux. Once lightly browned add 300ml of milk and slowly bring to a boil, whisking regularly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Cook pasta following directions.
- Butter a large baking dish or individual baking containers.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and place in large mixing bowl.
- Mix pasta with:
12 oz. of the white sauce
200g Extra Old Cheddar or Non-GMO 548 Cheddar
250g Black Truffle Cheese
10 cranks of fresh black pepper
Spoon pasta mixture into baking container(s).
Top with toasted panko bread crumbs.
Bake large container for 30 minutes or individual containers for 20 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.