Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These quick and easy Cheddar Zucchini Corn Fritters combine summer corn and zucchini for a light and delicious appetizer. They're crispy on the outside and soft, fluffy, and full of flavour on the inside.
- 1 cup AP flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1)
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup Bothwell Lactose-Free Medium Cheddar, grated
- Oil for frying
- Optional garnish: Sour cream and fresh chives
- Preheat oil for frying to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine AP flour, sugar, baking powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne.
- Mix milk, vegetable oil, and eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add zucchini, corn and cheese to the mixture and stir to combine well.
- Carefully drop tablespoons of batter into the oil until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve hot with sour cream and chives.