Recipe Creator: Chef John
Bothwell’s own Chef John shares his recipe for the best BBQ Burgers that are perfect for summer grilling and entertaining!
- 2 lbs ground beef chuck
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 slices of Bothwell Medium Cheddar, Red Hot Chili Pepper and Mozzarella from 450g Variety Slice Pack OR Medium Cheddar, Jalapeño Monterey Jack, and Mozzarella cheese from 720g Costco Variety Slice Pack. Optional: 8 slices if you want to double up on cheese
- 4 brioche buns
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat BBQ to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef chuck, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion 1/2 lb. (220g) or about 2 scoops of ground chuck into a patty press to form burgers.
- Gently place burgers onto the hot BBQ. Grill burgers, with the lid open for 5 minutes on each side or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Place the cheese slices on the burgers and turn off the grill. Remove from the BBQ once the cheese is melted.
- Place the burgers onto brioche buns and dress with desired toppings such as avocado, tomato, pea shoots, pickled onions, grainy mustard etc.