Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Give us an enchilada inch, and we’ll run with it for miles! There are so many ways to fill an enchilada, and this is just one version using our spicy Jalapeño Monterey Jack.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 (540ml) can of black beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups Bothwell Jalapeño Monterey (170g, 540g) or Lactose-Free Jalapeño Monterey Jack, shredded and divided
- 2 (215ml) jar red enchilada sauce
- Optional garnish: sliced jalapeños, sliced radish, diced avocado, sour cream, sliced red onion and fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium-large pan on medium-high heat, heat oil. Add in onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, jalapeños and black beans. Cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Fill each enchilada by spreading 1 tbsp. of sauce and ¼ cup of cheese in the middle of each wrap. Equally, divide the chicken mixture on top of the cheese and sauce (approximately ½ cup) and tightly roll up the wrap creating the enchiladas.
- Place enchiladas in the baking dish and spread the remaining sauce over the enchiladas equally, sprinkle with remaining cheese on top.
- Bake enchiladas for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and hot; remove from the oven. Serve and enjoy with any additional garnishes!