These moist, savory muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of soup or crisp salad.
- ¾ cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup Spelt or whole wheat flour
- 15 ml Baking powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Brown sugar, packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Chopped sun dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water and drained
- 2 Green onions, diced
- ¾ cup Bothwell Extra Old Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, mixing well.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In another bowl mix together the egg and milk. Stir in the melted butter; sun dried tomatoes, green onions and cheese.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into 9 muffin cups and pour a little water in the empty cups.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from tin.