Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
A perfect spring appetizer! These flavourful little bites are so easy and perfect for all cheese lovers!
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 650g fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs and Garlic Cheddar, grated
Optional: ⅓ Cup Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs and Garlic Cheddar, grated for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl add the butter, garlic, chives, oregano and basil.
3. Cut dough into 16 equal sized balls of dough.
4. One by one take a ball of dough, using your hands stretch the dough into a rectangle. (If the dough is sticky use a little flour to help)
5. Measure 1 tbsp of grated cheese and place in each rectangle, making a line of cheese to one edge of the dough.
6. Roll the dough into a long rope, making sure to pinch the edges to seal in the cheese.
7. Once dough is sealed, roll dough to make a longer rope about 8’’ long and tie each into a knot.
8. Place knots on baking sheets and brush with garlic herb butter. (You can top each knot evenly with additional cheese if you wish)
9. Bake knots for 20- 22 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve immediately!