Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These soft, fluffy dinner rolls made with Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar are easy to make and full of flavour! What's not to love about herbs, garlic, cheese and butter? They are delicious and perfect for dinner.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. quick rise yeast
- 3 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine in a small pot and heat water, butter, milk, and honey until it is 110°F or until
warm to the touch.
- Add water mixture to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook and
add yeast. Gently stir with a fork to combine. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until
- To the yeast mixture, add flour, salt, garlic, basil, and oregano. Mix on low speed for 3-4
minutes until the dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for 1 minute and then shape
into a ball and place in a medium-sized bowl lightly greased.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rise briefly for about 15 minutes.
- Gently punch the dough down and divide it into 15 equal pieces and shape each piece
into a ball. Place into greased baking dish and cover again with a damp cloth and let rise
for another 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover rolls and top each roll equally (about 1 tbsp.) with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and baked through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!