Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Baby potatoes are stuffed with smoky bacon and gooey cheese curds for the ultimate bite-size comfort food.
- 1 lb (500 g) baby yellow flesh potatoes
1/2 lb (250 g) bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup (60 ml) thinly sliced green onions, divided
2 tbsp (30 ml) grainy Dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp (2 ml) each salt and pepper
1/3 cup (75 ml) Bothwell 240g SqueaK’rs White Curds or Bothwell 1kg SqueaK'rs White Curds
1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- Set broiler to high. Place potatoes in large saucepan; pour in enough cold water to cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and let cool until easy to handle. Cut potatoes in half.
- Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving skin intact (reserve pulp for another use). In bowl, combine bacon, 2tbsp (30 mL) green onions, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and
- Spoon mixture into potato shells, mounding on top. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top each potato half with cheese curds.
4. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are golden brown and cheese starts to brown. Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with remaining green onions before serving