Recipe Creator: Chef D
These simple yet delicious bite-size canapés made with Bothwell's Red Wine Old Cheddar and steak on sliced baguette are mouth-watering. Our Red Wine Old Cheddar adds flavour and texture to these appetizers that are perfect for entertaining any time of year.
- 2 New York Striploin steaks cut about an inch thick, trimmed of all fat
- 1 baguette cut into 20 pieces
- 170g block Bothwell Red Wine Old Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup chives, finely diced
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat BBQ to med/high. Grill steaks to they reach an internal temperature of 130. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place sliced baguette on a non-stick baking sheet. Place shredded cheese on each slice of baguette. Place under broiler setting just until cheese melts.
- Place sliced steak on melted cheese baguettes, sprinkle chives over canapé and drizzle with balsamic glaze.