Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Perfect for entertaining, these easy stuffed mushrooms made with sausage, onion, and Bothwell's Lactose-Free 18-Month-Old Cheddar will be a hit with your guests! They're quick, easy, and full of flavour.
- 6 stuffing Mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 tbsp. Salt Spring Kitchen Co. Apple, Fig & Fennel Spread
- 2/3 cup Bothwell Lactose-Free 18-Month-Old Cheddar, shredded
- Optional garnish: fresh fennel fronds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cleaned mushrooms on parchment paper, with the opening facing up.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, add oil and sauté garlic, onions and sausage meat, making sure to separate the meat into a crumble as it cooks. Cook mixture until meat is fully cooked approximately 12 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the heat and add jam and stir to combine.
- Equally, divide the filling into mushrooms and equally divide and sprinkle cheese on each mushroom.
- Bake mushrooms for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Top with fresh fennel fronds if using, and serve immediately!