Recipe Creator: Chef D
Chicken salad sandwiches are always a hit at picnics and potlucks. Easy and delicious, you only need a few ingredients to make this classic recipe. Bursting with flavour, Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack cheese compliments the chicken and adds a touch of tang and spice. Best part - these can be prepped ahead of time. It's also a great way to use leftover chicken.
- 2 cups of chicken, cooked and chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp of pickle brine
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp of fresh dill
- 1 1/2 cups Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, grated (reserve ½ cup)
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- 5-6 slices of fresh bread
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or full fat butter)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside or put in fridge until ready to use.
- Bring a large pan up to med-high heat on the oven/stove top. Place bread in pan and toast on one side to a deep golden brown. Turn bread over and lightly grill on the second side. Toast/grill each slice till all are complete.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto bread folded in half or on top of a salad. Add arugula to the sandwich.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over sandwiches.
ChefD’s Tip: Adding some celery or water chestnuts will add extra crunch if you desire.