Recipe Creator: Chef D
This quick and easy recipe for Grilled Hawaiian Grilled Flatbread is perfect for summer. Sweet and savoury is always a winning combo! It's fresh, delicious, and flavourful.
- 1 package of store bought flat bread
- 6 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 250g block Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, grated (split in two portions for each flatbread)
- 6 slices of pineapple, grilled on the BBQ (about 2 min on both sides)
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto, folded like a fan, flat or chopped
- 1 cup of arugula
- 2 to 3 slices of red onions, thinly cut rings
- Preheat oven to grill or BBQ broiler to high.
- Place ready made flat bread on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spoon on 3 tablespoons of your favourite tomato sauce. Spread in circles from the inside/centre to the outside edges.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the sauce. Now I grilled this for about a minute before the next step because I like some of the cheese crispy.
- Layer the pineapple (with the grill marks), prosciutto, onions and the remainder of the cheese.
- You can add the arugula now or finish your dish with the arugula right after you take it out of the oven or BBQ.
- Slice and enjoy with friends or all alone.
ChefD’s Tip: Add a cup some smoked bacon bits if you want to add another layer of flavour, but this is not required. Grilling the pineapple brings out the natural sugars and dries the slice, slightly, as you do not want soggy flat bread.