Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This delicious Meatball Sub made with flavourful Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, homemade meatballs, spicy arrabbiata sauce, and crispy buns is a comforting and delicious meal perfect for any night of the week!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 small sub buns, toasted
- 1 (14 oz) jar of spicy arrabbiata sauce
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, grated
- Optional: Dill pickles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, red chilis and salt/ pepper using your hands.
- Divide beef mixture into 12 equal balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 15-20 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat sauce in a medium-large pot on low-medium heat.
- When meatballs are done, carefully add them to the sauce pot and toss to coat meatballs with sauce.
- Place the four buns on a clean parchment-lined baking sheet and equally divide the meatballs and sauce in each bun. Top each sandwich with ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake sandwiches until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pickles to subs if using and serve immediately!