Recipe Creator: Chef D
Packed with nutritious ingredients, this protein salad is filling and delicious. Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle is great for salads because it adds flavour and texture. This is a great recipe for lunches or meal prep.
- 1 cup, cooked rice or quinoa
- 1 whole egg, boiled, cooled, peeled
- 1 cup, chickpeas
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup, edamame, shelled
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, small cubes
- Dill (optional)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ tsp. mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
ChefD Tip: Remember recipes are like road maps, there is always more than one way to get there. If you don’t like an ingredient sub in something you do like.
- Cook the rice or quinoa and set aside. Can use leftovers too.
- Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette together.
- Shake, stir or whisk ingredients until combined and set aside.
- Prep/cook/slice all the other ingredients.
- Spoon cooked but cooled rice or quinoa in the bottom of your bowl.
- Layer on the sliced egg, avocado, chickpeas and seeds.
- Top with cubed cheese.
- Thinly drizzle on the vinaigrette over the top. Let the flavours of your ingredients speak to you.