Recipe Creator: Chef D
These crisp and flaky salmon cakes are a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Flavourful Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack takes these salmon cakes to the next level with a cheesy addition that's both tangy and spicy.
- 1 1/4 cup, Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, grated
- ½ cup Tortilla Chips, ground
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup of Caesar dressing, store bought or make your own
- 5 oz. piece of salmon, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
ChefD Tip: If you are using a non-stick pan, keep in mind there is still some oil coming from the cakes as they cook. A tzatziki dip would be yummy with this dish.
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat pan to med (med/low) heat.
- Use an ice-cream scoop for uniform and consistent sizing in your cakes. Spoon into hand and gently press flat.
- Place each salmon cake in the warm pan and cook on each side till golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve.