A Canadian classic – Bothwell tested and approved! Short on time? Use packaged fries and gravy mix.
- 1L Beef, veal or chicken stock
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 tsp Dark balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
FRIES + CURDS
- Bring stock to a boil in a pot.
- Brown garlic and onion in a sauce pan.
- Add the butter and flour to the sauce pan, stir to form a roux.
- Slowly whisk the roux into the stock and add remaining gravy ingredients.
- Gently heat (whisking frequently) until consistency of gravy is reached.
- Cut potatoes to desired size and soak in cold water for at least an hour.
- Drain water and pat dry.
- Deep fry at 330 degree F until golden brown.
- Put fries on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place fries in a shallow bowl, add 1/3 cup of cheese curds to a ladle of gravy. Pour over fries.
- Kitchen Notes: Garnish with crisp bacon, chives or roasted garlic.