Recipe Creator: Chef D
This hearty Godfather Sandwich created by ChefD is made with 4 types of meat and all 3 cheese flavours from our 450g Sliced Variety Pack. It's great for sharing on the go, picnics, camping, and even meal prepping. This is a simple recipe that tastes great and is easy to make!
- Prosciutto, sliced
- Salami, sliced
- Ham, sliced
- Turkey, sliced
- Chimichurri sauce
- Sundried tomato relish
- Fresh focaccia
- Medium Cheddar, Mozzarella and Red Hot Chili Pepper Slices from our 450g Sliced Variety Pack
Sundried Tomato Relish
- 6 pieces sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 piece peeled roasted red pepper, small dice
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oregano, finely chopped
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bake your own or find a wonderful local bakery with fabulous fresh focaccia bread.
- Cut focaccia loaf in half vertically. Like a sandwich. A really BIG sandwich.
- Spread top lid with chimichurri sauce and bottom bread with sundried tomato relish. From the bottom layer Medium Cheddar Slices followed by a single layer of salami, then Mozzarella Slices with black forest ham, and lastly Red Hot Chili Pepper Slices, sliced turkey, sliced prosciutto, and fresh arugula.
- Serve fresh and whole for a wow factor. Enjoy!
Chef’s Tip: Feel free to empty the fridge on this sandwich. If you have left over chicken, put it on. Left over spaghetti sauce, put it on. It then becomes a unique masterpiece every time you make it.
Sundried Tomato Relish
- In a small pot, sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil over medium heat until translucent. Add the sundried tomatoes, roasted red pepper, vinegar, and sugar and gently simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sundried tomatoes are soft. Season with salt to taste.
Chef's Tip: Use a food processor for the sundried tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Finely mince all of the herbs, shallot, jalapeño and garlic. Stir in the vinegar, oil and salt to taste. Let stand for 1 hour before serving.
Chef’s Tip: If possible, use a food processor or the pulse button on a blender. Just add all of the ingredients, blend, and season with salt!