Thumbprint Cookies With Smoked Cheese
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These delicious sweet and smoky Thumbprint Cookies made with Smoked Parmesan and your favourite fruit preserves are festive and only require 4 ingredients!
- 1x 170g block (approx. 1 ¼ cup) Smoked Parmesan , Smoked Gouda or Maple Smoked Extra Old Cheddar, grated
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, chilled and chopped
- ¼ cup your favourite fruit preserves
- In a medium food processor combine cheese, flour, and butter. Pulse until combined and dough forms into a ball.
- Transfer dough to a medium bowl and chill in the fridge for at least a half-hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1 ½ inch balls and place 1 inch apart in the baking sheet, slightly flatten
each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the bottoms and baked through.
- Pull cookies out of the oven and while they are still hot, make an indent in the middle of
each cookie with the backside of a tbsp.
- Allow cookies to cool, scoop 1 tsp. preserves in the indent of each cookie and enjoy!