Warehouse Supervisor (Nights)
Posted by: Bothwell Cheese
BOTHWELL CHEESE is looking for a night Warehouse Supervisor. The incumbent will supervise hourly employees on a shift within a department in the achievement of manufacturing workloads with due emphasis on quality, efficiencies, food and employee safety.
- Plans manpower requirements for the department on a daily and weekly basis to achieve order demands, takes ownership for product accuracy, quality, and efficiency targets.
- Directs employees in the operation of plant equipment to meet quality, efficiency and yield standards, HACCP and sanitation procedures
- Trains employees to use scanners, build loads, conduct inventory counts, etc.
- Prepare daily progress reports, manages inventory cycle counts
- Maximizes attendance and follow-up to reduce absenteeism by coaching, conducts accident investigations, and takes disciplinary statements and administers discipline in line with the Plant’s Discipline Policy
- Provides leadership by instilling team goals and objectives; fosters good staff relationships to gain commitment from hourly employees
- Ensures machinery and equipment are safe, hourly employees are trained and qualified on machinery prior to working on machinery and equipment
- Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act\
- Ensure Quality Compliance with all HACCP procedures
- Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a food processing environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Post-secondary education or equivalent by having completed a recognized food processing, engineering technology, or business management program through continuing education
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and achieve win-win results
- Working in a cold environment
- Working in areas with automated, noisy and potentially dangerous machinery
- Standing or walking for long periods of time
- Heavy lifting upwards of 25kg
- Sitting and looking at a computer screen for several hours at a time
- Potential Shift Work
If you want to work on a great team and love Bothwell Cheese, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bothwell Cheese is a progressive and fast-growing federally registered food processing plant which follows a regulated food safety program.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Bothwell Cheese however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants are subject to a background/criminal check.