Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Everyone loves a classic mac & cheese! This one made with our 170g Medium Cheddar is comforting, delicious, and only takes 30 minutes to make.
- 230g (8oz) elbow pasta, cooked as per package directions
- 2 blocks of Bothwell 170g Medium Cheddar, shredded and divided
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray oil
- Optional: chives
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare 4 individual baking dishes or an 8×8 baking dish with
spray oil and set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add butter and flour. Cook and combine until roux
starts to bubble and darken in colour.
- Add milk in three parts, stirring well until fully combined.
- Add 230g of cheese into the milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- 6. Add mac and cheese to baking dish or dishes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted, serve hot and enjoy!