Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Bento boxes make packing lunch easy and fun! These colourful bento boxes include a variety of healthy foods that kids will love for lunch.
- 4 6” skewers
- 2 1” baguette slices, cut into 4 cubes
- 8 Bothwell Squeak’rs White Curds
- 16 pepperoni slices
- 4 cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup bowtie pasta, cooked
- 2 tbsp. fresh peas
- 4 baby carrots, sliced
- ¼ bell pepper (your child's favourite)
- ¼ cup Bothwell Mild Cheddar Snack’rs
- 1 tbsp. neutral flavoured oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Carefully place one cube of bread onto the skewer, followed by 1 cheese curd, 2 pieces of
pepperoni folded, 1 cherry tomato, another 2 pieces of folded pepperoni, 1 cheese curd. Finish with a cube of bread.
- Repeat this on the three other skewers.
- Place two skewers in each bento box
- Combine pasta, peas, carrots, peppers, Snack’rs, oil, lemon juice and salt in a medium
bowl and combine fully.
- Divide salad equally into two bento boxes.
- Fill the remaining compartments of the bento boxes with your child's favourite snacks such
as berries, orange slices, cucumbers, pretzels or crackers.